Thursday, March 8, 2007

To everything turn, turn, turn ...

Don't you think its ironic that the one constant in life is change? In a sense, you can always expect it and always predict it.

Think back to a year ago - exactly one year ago. What type of person where you? What were you doing and who were you with? I was a senior in college. I knew my life was about to change drastically - that was predictable. I wasn't sure how it was going to change - it was just expected to.

People change, relationships change, circumstances change. It seems like nothing ever stays the same.

My life has changed SO much in the past month. It has been so good. Praise God. He has blessed me with a new job and new friends. Orginally I took a job at a local radio station, but was then approached with the offer of Community Relations Manager at Velocity Sports Performance. After praying and searching my heart, I knew Velocity was it. I have an amazing opportunity to learn, grow and move up. Most people right out of college don't go right to management. I love working with a staff that is behind me 100% and believes in me.

So I have an awesome small group at church. We meet every other Saturday for dinner and Bible study and board games. It's nice to have people in your life that hold you accountable and will pick you up when you fall.

I moved out of my parents house a little over a month ago. I love living on my own. Having my own stuff, leaving everything everywhere and no one caring ... its a good time. Everything is in total disarray still, but its functional. I just need to make the time to clean up. I can't wait to make some time to decorate.

I've been flyin' solo for over two months now and loving it. I've had so many opportunities that I would have missed out on had I been someone's "other half." I'm getting to know new people and exploring my options, but for now I'm ok with being alone. Somedays I miss the companionship and having a built in best friend, but I'm cool just being me ... and still figuring out who that is. Attention is nice ... but a lasting relationship will be even nicer. I'm ready to spend my time on Mr. Right not Mr. Right Now.

I have grown so much both personally and spiritually. The past few months I had no idea how I was going to manage financially and emotionally I had just been ripped apart. Instead of turning my back, this time I turned my eyes to God. I feel like I am ever changing and ever growing into this thing called and "adult."

In a world and in lifetimes filled with change there one thing that we can always count on - God's unfailing love. Chew on THAT ONE for awhile.

Life is so good.

No comments: